Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 12:41 PM CDT on September 17, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on September 18, 2014
... Flood Watch is in effect through Thursday evening...
The National Weather Service in Houston/Galveston has issued a
* Flood Watch for a portion of southeast Texas... including the
following counties... Austin... Brazoria... Brazos... Burleson...
Chambers... Colorado... Fort Bend... Galveston... Grimes...
Harris... Houston... Jackson... Liberty... Madison... Matagorda...
Montgomery... Polk... San Jacinto... Trinity... Walker... Waller...
Washington and Wharton.
* Through Thursday evening
* a highly moistened tropical air mass... with slow cell movement
over regions that have already received an average 1 to 2 inch
rainfall totals in recent days. Short duration rain rates could
be high enough in the stronger slower moving cell clusters to
quickly create flooding scenarios. Widespread rainfall amounts
will be between 1 to 3 inches through Thursday evening... with
localized 5 to 7 inch amounts.
* Communities that receive greater than 2 to 3 inches of hourly
rainfall have a high chance of experiencing flooding. Greater
than 4 inch 6 hourly rainfall amounts will likely create flooding
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to
cross safely. Vehicles caught in rising water should be abandoned
quickly. If your vehicle stalls... abandon it and seek higher
ground immediately. Rapidly rising water may engulf your vehicle
and its occupants and sweep them away. Move to higher ground.
Turn around... don't drown!
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Special Statement
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Record Report
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Special Statement
- Maine - Freeze Watch
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Michigan - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Minnesota - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Freeze Watch
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Freeze Watch
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- South Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Freeze Watch
- Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement