Current Watches and Warnings
Severe Thunderstorm Watch
Statement as of 3:03 AM CDT on May 27, 2016
Expires 11:00 AM EDT on May 27, 2016
Severe Thunderstorm Watch 222 remains in effect until 1000 am CDT
for the following locations
. Texas counties included are
Austin Brazoria Chambers
Colorado Fort Bend Galveston
Grimes Hardin Harris
Jasper Jefferson Liberty
Montgomery Newton Orange
Polk San Jacinto Tyler
Walker Waller Washington
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 11:53 PM CDT on May 26, 2016
Expires 5:00 PM EDT on May 27, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch in effect through Friday afternoon...
The National Weather Service in Houston/Galveston has expanded
* Flash Flood Watch to include a portion of southeast Texas...
including the following Colorado ... and Wharton.
* Through Friday afternoon
* areas of moderate to heavy rain will be moving into the area
from the northwest tonight.
* Widespread rainfall amounts of 1 to 3 inches are expected...
with isolated totals of 2 to 5 inches possible.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Statement as of 3:19 AM CDT on May 27, 2016
Expires 5:00 AM EDT on May 27, 2016
... Strong thunderstorms across Colorado... west central Waller and
central Austin counties through 400 am CDT...
At 319 am CDT... Doppler radar was tracking strong thunderstorms along
a line extending from Industry to near Weimar. Movement was east at
Winds in excess of 40 mph will be possible with these storms.
Locations impacted include...
Sealy... Bellville... Columbus... Eagle Lake... Weimar... Industry... Frelsburg...
Altair... Rock Island... Cat Spring and New Ulm.
Torrential rainfall is also occurring with these storms... and may lead
to localized flooding. Do not drive your vehicle through flooded
A Severe Thunderstorm Watch remains in effect until 1000 am CDT for
Lat... Lon 2997 9657 3005 9610 2983 9617 2944 9642
time... Mot... loc 0819z 287deg 25kt 2995 9649 2967 9671
Statement as of 2:18 AM CDT on May 27, 2016
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at College Station...
A record rainfall of 5.76 inches was set at College Station
yesterday. This breaks the old record of 1.02 inches set
Further south... Brenham recorded 16.62 inches of rain
yesterday which was also a daily rainfall record.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 2:22 AM CDT on May 27, 2016
... new rainfall records shattered at Brenham...
Rainfall totals at Brenham Texas were simply off the charts
yesterday. Rainfall totals at the automated weather observation
system (awos) tallied 16.62 inches. This is the wettest calendar
day in city history. Below are the five wettest calendar days in
city history prior to today:
10.38 Oct 17 1994
10.25 Oct 18 1998
10.02 Oct 3 1902
8.76 Jun 29 1899
7.28 Mar 13 1946
16.62 may 26 2016
The one day total would actually be the third wettest month on
record. Below are the five wettest months prior to todays rain:
22.01 Jun 1899
17.51 Oct 1994
17.05 Oct 2002
15.69 Jun 2004*
15.55 Sep 1998*
20.17 may 2016
* with 16.62 inches falling on the 26th
Here are the five wettest month of Mays in Brenham city history
prior to todays rain:
- Alaska - Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch
- Colorado - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Connecticut - Air Quality Alert
- Delaware - Air Quality Alert
- District of Columbia - Air Quality Alert
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Lake Wind Advisory
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Air Quality Alert
- Michigan - Dense Fog Advisory
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- New Jersey - Air Quality Alert
- New York - Air Quality Alert
- North Carolina - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Oregon - Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch
- Pennsylvania - Air Quality Alert
- South Carolina - Dense Smoke Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Air Quality Alert
- Wyoming - Flood Warning
- - Severe Thunderstorm Watch