Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 3:55 AM CDT on May 29, 2016
Expires 9:42 PM EDT on May 30, 2016
the National Weather Service in Austin/San Antonio has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the San Antonio River near Elmendorf.
* From this afternoon to Monday evening... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 3:30 am Sunday the stage was 14.4 feet.
* Flood stage is 35.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by this afternoon and continue to rise to
near 39.5 feet by this evening.The river will fall below flood stage by
* Impact... at 39.0 feet... moderate lowland flooding damages crops and floods
pastureland below San Antonio to below Floresville. Secondary roads and low
bridges, irrigation pumps, oil field pump jacks and tank batteries flood.
Livestock are cut off in low areas..
* flood history... this crest compares to a previous crest of 39.8 feet on may 27
Below are the latest river stages and forecasts:
bf fld observed forecast 7am
location stg stg stg day time sun Mon Tue Wed Thu
Elmendorf 33 35 14.4 sun 03 am 22.8 35.6 24.8 15.8 15.0
Lat... Lon 2919 9838 2926 9835 2920 9817 2899 9804
2894 9813 2915 9825
- Alaska - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Georgia - Hurricane Statement , Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Record Report
- Michigan - Record Report
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Record Report
- New Jersey - Special Statement , Record Report
- New York - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- North Carolina - Hurricane Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement , Record Report
- Rhode Island - Record Report
- South Carolina - Tropical Storm Warning , Hurricane Statement , Flash Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Flood Warning