Current Watches and Warnings
Utah, Salt Lake and Tooele Valleys
Statement as of 7:55 PM MDT on April 30, 2016
Expires 5:00 PM EDT on May 01, 2016
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 3 PM MDT Sunday...
* affected area... the eastern Salt Lake Valley from Parleys Canyon
northward to the University of Utah and the avenues... the Utah
valley from the Salt Lake County line south to near Provo
Canyon... and the Cache Valley.
* Winds... sustained east winds between 25 and 35 mph with gusts
in excess of 50 mph.
* Timing... winds will increase through this evening... with the
strongest gusts occurring late tonight through mid morning
Sunday. Winds will diminish late Sunday morning through the
* Impacts... unsecured light weight items will be easily
displaced in strong wind gusts... including trampolines and
lawn furniture. Sudden strong wind gusts will create hazardous
travel conditions for high profile and light weight vehicles...
especially if these gusts are encountered as cross winds. Wind
sensitive operations will be affected.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained wind speeds of at least
31 mph or gusts of 45 mph are expected. Motorists in the advisory
area should be prepared for sudden gusty cross winds which can
make driving difficult.
For more information from NOAA/National Weather Service visit...
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 11:00 PM MDT on April 30, 2016
... Preliminary storm information...
Peak wind gust reports through 11 PM this evening.
... Northern Wasatch front...
Farmington - 4232 ft 11 PM Sat 76 mph
Farmington - US-89 @ Park Lane 11 PM Sat 75 mph
Centerville - 4231 ft 10 PM Sat 73 mph
Centerville - 4228 ft 10 PM Sat 64 mph
Centerville - 4216 ft 9 PM Sat 63 mph
Hill AFB - 4787 ft 10 PM Sat 55 mph
Ogden Power Plant - 4635 ft 11 PM Sat 55 mph
Layton - 4800 ft 10 PM Sat 53 mph
South Ogden - 4780 ft 11 PM Sat 51 mph
legacy Parkway - 4215 ft 8 PM Sat 50 mph
Bountiful bench - 5114 ft 10 PM Sat 49 mph
Fruit Heights - 4590 ft 10 PM Sat 49 mph
Ogden - 5134 ft 10 PM Sat 49 mph
Bountiful bench - 4950 ft 11 PM Sat 49 mph
Brigham City Airport - 4301 ft 10 PM Sat 46 mph
Harrisville - 4311 ft 11 PM Sat 46 mph
Bountiful - 4573 ft 10 PM Sat 45 mph
South Weber - 4587 ft 10 PM Sat 45 mph
Willard Poe - 4233 ft 10 PM Sat 43 mph
Kaysville - 4413 ft 9 PM Sat 42 mph
... Salt Lake and Tooele valleys...
ksl Triad Center - 4610 ft 10 PM Sat 58 mph
University of Utah - 4806 ft 10 PM Sat 53 mph
Salt Lake City - 5305 ft 10 PM Sat 52 mph
Lake Point Junction - 4248 ft 9 PM Sat 49 mph
mouth parleys - 4915 ft 8 PM Sat 47 mph
... Cache Valley...
Logan-Cache Airport - 4446 ft 9 PM Sat 43 mph
- Alaska - Wind Advisory
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Freeze Warning , Winter Weather Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Idaho - Frost Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch
- Louisiana - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Nevada - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- Ohio - Flash Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Special Statement
- South Dakota - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Tennessee - Areal Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Statement, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement