Current Watches and Warnings
Utah, Glen Canyon Recreation Area/Lake Powell
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:33 PM MDT on July 30, 2016
Expires 6:00 AM EDT on July 31, 2016
... Red flag warning now in effect until 4 am MDT Sunday for dry
thunderstorms and gusty outflow winds for fire weather zones
479... 480... 481... 482... 483... 484... 488... 489... 493... 495...
497 and 498...
* affected area... fire weather zone 479 Wasatch mountains... fire
weather zone 480 Uinta Mountains... fire weather zone 481
western Ashley National Forest... fire weather zone 482 western
Uintah basin... fire weather zone 483 southern Ashley National
Forest... fire weather zone 484 Tavaputs plateau... fire
weather zone 488 Manti National Forest... fire weather zone 489
San Rafael Swell... fire weather zone 493 central Utah
mountains... fire weather zone 495 color Country West desert...
fire weather zone 497 Mojave Desert and fire weather zone 498
* Thunderstorms... scattered thunderstorms with numerous lightning
* Outflow winds... gusty and erratic winds in excess of 40 mph
will be possible with any storms that develop.
* Impacts... the threat of lightning and gusty winds in addition
to very dry conditions will bring the potential of multiple
new fire starts.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Statement as of 7:20 PM MDT on July 30, 2016
... Record high minimum temperatures reported for July 30th...
Station new record old record year
Escalante 70 67 1976
Salt Lake City *76 74 1935
*must hold through midnight MST to become official.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- California - Areal Flood Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flash Flood Watch
- District of Columbia - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Record Report
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Kansas - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Maryland - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Fire Weather Warning
- Nebraska - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Special Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- New Jersey - Flash Flood Watch
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- New York - Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- North Carolina - Heat Advisory
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Ohio - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- Puerto Rico - Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Utah - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Virgin Islands - Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report