Current Watches and Warnings
Utah, Central and Southwest Mountains
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 1:47 AM MDT on July 25, 2014
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on July 25, 2014
... Red flag warning in effect from noon today to 9 PM MDT this
evening for wind and low relative humidity for fire weather zone
492 below 7000 feet...
The National Weather Service in Salt Lake City has issued a red
flag warning below 7000 feet for wind and low relative humidity...
which is in effect from noon today to 9 PM MDT this evening.
* Affected area... fire weather zone 492 central Utah west desert
below 7000 feet.
* Winds... south to southwest winds of 15 to 25 mph with gusts to
35 mph will develop by early afternoon... and continue into the
evening hours before diminishing.
* Relative humidity... falling into the 6 to 12 percent range by
early afternoon... and not recovering above 15 percent until mid
to late evening.
* Impacts... combination of low relative humidity and gusty winds
will create hazardous fire weather conditions through this
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
For more information from NOAA/National Weather Service visit...
http://weather.Gov/saltlakecity (all lower case)
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Blowing Dust Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Special Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Heat Advisory
- Kansas - Heat Advisory
- Kentucky - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Maryland - Record Report
- Minnesota - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Missouri - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- Nebraska - Heat Advisory
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Heat Advisory, Excessive Heat Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Fire Weather Warning
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Special Statement , Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning