Current Watches and Warnings
Washington, Yakima Valley
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:26 PM PST on December 20, 2014
Expires 3:43 AM EST on December 23, 2014
1208 PM PST Sat Dec 20 2014
... Flood Watch remains in effect through Monday afternoon...
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Oregon and Washington... including the following
areas... in Oregon... central Oregon... East Columbia river gorge
of Oregon... east slopes of the Oregon Cascades and north central
Oregon. In Washington... east slopes of the Washington Cascades and
Simcoe Highlands. In Washington... eastern Columbia River gorge
of Washington... Kittitas Valley and Yakima Valley.
* Through Monday afternoon
* moderate to heavy rainfall along the Cascades will lead to
rising creeks... streams and rivers. Precipitation amounts of 3
to 5 inches are expected along the Oregon Cascade crest with 2
to 3 inches of precipitation along the Washington Cascade
crest. Snow levels will rise to over 6000 feet by Sunday
afternoon over Oregon with snow levels near 4500 feet for the
east slopes of the Washington Cascades
* small creeks and streams will start to rise late tonight with
the larger rivers seeing substantial rises on Sunday. The ground
has been saturated by previous storms over the past week and
most of the rain is expected to runoff into streams and creeks.
Most of the large river are not expected to flood... but the
small creeks and streams could see minor flooding... especially
Sunday as moderate rain and snow melt are expected to occur.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor the latest forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
The Flood Watch continues for
the Naches River near Naches
* until late Monday night.
* At 10:15 am Saturday the stage was 14.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is possible.
* Flood stage is 17.8 feet.
* Forecast... flood stage may be reached by early Monday morning.
* The river is forecast to reach a stage of 17.6 feet by
Monday morning. This is based on forecast precipitation amounts
and may be revised upward.
Statement as of 10:15 PM PST on December 20, 2014
Expires 3:00 PM EST on December 21, 2014
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until noon PST Sunday...
A Wind Advisory remains in effect until noon PST Sunday.
* Timing: winds will increase overnight... with the strongest wind
early Sunday morning. Winds will decrease towards noon on
* Winds: sustained winds of 20 to 35 mph with gusts of 45 to 55
mph are expected. The strongest gusts are expected near the
higher terrain in the southwest part of the Yakima Valley.
The strong gusts may not spread all the way across the
* Impacts: sudden wind gusts will make traveling difficult...
especially for high profile vehicles. Loose objects...
including Holiday decorations... may suddenly become airborne.
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast
between 30 and 39 mph or gusts ranging from 45 to 57 mph. Winds
of these magnitudes can make driving difficult... especially for
high profile vehicles. Minor property damage may also occur. For
additional weather information... check our web site at
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - Coastal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Connecticut - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Avalanche Warning
- Illinois - Special Statement
- Iowa - Dense Fog Advisory
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Louisiana - Dense Fog Advisory
- Massachusetts - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Winter Storm Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Montana - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Freezing Rain Advisory
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Oregon - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Watch, Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Rhode Island - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Utah - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Storm Warning , Avalanche Warning , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement