Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 10:59 AM CDT on October 30, 2014
Expires 4:30 PM EDT on October 30, 2014
... A brief preview of wintry weather expected starting tonight...
An intense upper level disturbance will move southeast across the
area tonight. Much colder air will surge into the area as the
disturbance passes off to the southeast early Friday morning. The
sharply colder temperatures combined with strong north winds will
make Friday a preview of the upcoming winter months.
Rain showers accompanying the disturbance will change to snow with
the arrival of the colder air. Several inches of accumulation is
possible in the Lake Superior snowbelt of far north central
Wisconsin. Up to an inch of accumulation is possible across the
rest of north central and far northeast Wisconsin... with little
or no accumulation expected over the rest of the area. Travel
across far northern Wisconsin could become hazardous tonight and
Windy weather is expected Friday... with the strongest winds
occurring during the morning. Wind gusts of 30 to 40 mph are
expected across most of the area... with 40 to 50 mph gusts near
the lake and Bay. Winds this strong can make driving high profile
vehicles difficult and can blow around unsecured outdoor objects.
If possible... move items such as lawn furniture and garbage cans
into a garage or sheltered location before the strong winds begin.
Most people will also find that a winter coat and hat... and
possibly gloves or mittens... will be needed when venturing
outdoors Friday morning.
Winds are expected to begin to slowly diminish starting Friday
afternoon. But it will still be quite windy and very chilly for trick-
or-treaters late Friday afternoon.
Winds will continue to diminish Friday night. Although
temperatures Saturday will still be well below normal... a
significant moderation in temperatures will begin Sunday.
- Arkansas - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- California - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Special Statement
- Illinois - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Freeze Watch , Special Statement
- Indiana - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch , Special Statement
- Kansas - Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch
- Kentucky - Freeze Watch , Special Statement
- Michigan - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory
- Missouri - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- Puerto Rico - Areal Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Record Report
- Tennessee - Freeze Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Areal Flood Watch
- Wisconsin - Wind Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory , Special Statement