Current Watches and Warnings
Wyoming, Absaroka Mountains
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 2:07 PM MST on December 20, 2014
Expires 1:00 PM EST on December 22, 2014
... Winter Storm Warning in effect from 11 PM this evening to
11 am MST Monday...
The National Weather Service in Riverton has issued a Winter
Storm Warning for snow and blowing snow... which is in effect from 11
PM this evening to 11 am MST Monday. The Winter Storm Watch is no
longer in effect.
* Summary and timing... snowfall will increase over the Absaroka
Mountains late this evening. Heavy snow is expected on Sunday
across the area before weakening on Monday morning.
* Snow accumulations... the foothills may receive 5 to 8 inches of
snowfall. The highest accumulations are expected along the
border of Yellowstone National Park. 10 to 20 inches of
snowfall is expected... with locally higher amounts possible.
* Wind and visibility... west wind of 25 to 35 mph will impact the
mountainous areas with gusts to 45 mph in open areas while the
lower elevations see northwest wind increasing to 15 to 25 mph
on Sunday with some stronger gusts. The wind and snowfall will
limit the visibility to under a quarter mile at times.
* Impacts... areas potentially experiencing the combination of
gusty wind with snowfall may have limited visibility on
impacted roadways. Additional significant snowfall may create
hazardous travel with snow-packed roadways.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of
snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in
an emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight...
food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
The latest Road conditions provided by the Wyoming Department of
Transportation are available by calling 5-1-1 or on the internet
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - Coastal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Guam - Flood Watch / Flood Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Avalanche Warning , Record Report
- Illinois - Special Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Freezing Rain Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory
- Nevada - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Oregon - Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- Texas - Record Report
- Utah - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Avalanche Warning , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement