Current Watches and Warnings
Wyoming, Upper Green River Basin Foothills
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 8:14 PM MST on March 07, 2014
Expires 10:00 PM EST on March 08, 2014
The National Weather Service in Riverton has issued a
* Flood Advisory for melting snow in...
Lincoln County in west central Wyoming...
Sublette County in west central Wyoming...
Teton County in northwest Wyoming...
* until 800 PM MST Saturday
* Teton County and Lincoln County emergency management both continue
to receive reports of minor flooding of residences... other
buildings... and in some cases low spots in area roads due to
snowmelt. In most cases... the water is unable to filter into the
frozen ground... and is instead flowing into low areas and outlets.
The potential exists for similar events to unfold in Sublette
County this weekend due to the large amount of snow still on the
ground across the lower elevations.
Temperatures will rise into the lower to mid 40s on Saturday and
Sunday followed by more rain and snow on Monday. Therefore... it
is quite possible the flooding will continue through the weekend.
* Minor flooding could occur almost anywhere across the lower
elevations of the advisory area. Locations most susceptible to
the flooding are the southern portion of the Jackson Valley and
rural ranch and farm lands in Star Valley. Buttes in and around
the town of Jackson will be susceptible to rock slides and
Sandbags and sand are available to residents and businesses for
immediate protection of property from flooding. In Teton County...
these can be found at the town of Jackson public works yard at 450
west snow King Avenue and at the Teton County Road and levee yard
at 3190 south Adams Canyon drive. Call Teton County emergency
management at 307-733-9572 if you have any questions.
Residents of Star Valley can obtain sandbags in Afton on the west
side of the Road and bridge yard next to the red trailer. In
Thayne... the sandbags are located at the south end of the Road
and bridge yard. If you Need More information... you may contact
the Lincoln County emergency management at 307-885-4925.
Sublette County residents who observe flooding of any kind...
especially flooding with the potential of causing property or
Road damage... should contact the Sublette County Sheriffs Office
Stay alert for possible snowmelt runoff if you live in a low area
relative to surrounding farm and ranch lands. Move other property
such as trailers... campers... or other vehicles to higher ground to
minimize the possibility of damage.
Report hazardous weather to the National Weather Service office in
Riverton at 1-800-211-1448.
Lat... Lon 4466 11106 4466 11067 4458 11066 4454 11029
4443 11030 4429 11015 4414 11012 4413 11005
4347 11005 4346 10976 4302 10956 4295 10937
4277 10924 4269 10908 4226 10905 4226 11006
4157 11006 4158 11105
Statement as of 1:56 PM MST on March 08, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on March 09, 2014
... Significant rainfall possible across the western valleys on
Monday ahead of the next storm system...
A large storm system will arrive in the region late Sunday night...
first in the northwestern corner of the state. Initially... snow
levels will be at about 7500 feet across Yellowstone and The Tetons
where there will be a rain and snow mix Sunday night. On Monday...
the precipitation spreads south and east. The snow levels across
the west will remain at about 7000 feet for much of the
day... potentially bringing 0.25 to 0.50 inches of rain to Jackson
and Star valleys. Slightly less rain is expected in Sublette and
Lincoln counties but anywhere from 0.10 to 0.25 inches of rain is
possible before everything turns to snow Monday night.
In the bighorns and absarokas... the period of rain will be brief...
with the exception of the west bighorns... where rain will fall
below 7000 feet for much of the day on Monday... but along the
eastern slopes there could be some rain... up to one quarter of an
inch... before snow falls Monday night behind the cold front.
Statement as of 12:41 AM MST on March 08, 2014
... Record daily maximum precipitation set at Casper WY...
an upper level disturbance... and its associated front... brought
rain... .and some snow... across portions of the cowboy state
yesterday. A record precipitation of 0.32 inches was set at Casper
WY yesterday. This breaks the old record of 0.19 set in 2012.
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning
- Idaho - Areal Flood Advisory, Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Fire Weather Watch , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Record Report
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Special Weather Statement , Record Report
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Winter Weather Advisory
- Oregon - High Wind Warning
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- South Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Watch , Special Statement , Record Report